The beliefs and values CAPA holds influence its direction, guide its work and articulate its motivation. All CAPA members volunteer their time and energy to defining and influencing health policies and issues that affect access to health care medications, and patient support.
- CAPA believes that the first expert in arthritis is the person with arthritis.
- CAPA believes that people with arthritis have the right and responsibility to be included in all policy and health care decisions related to their health and quality of life.
- CAPA believes that patients have the right to be included in making research related decisions affecting their health and quality of life.
- CAPA believes children and youth with arthritis have the right and deserve the opportunity to fully develop physically and mentally and that people with arthritis of all ages have the right to participate freely and equally in all aspects of life.
- CAPA believes in the value of its members and associates, and provides opportunities for them to obtain the knowledge they need to become effective advocates for themselves and others living with arthritis.
- CAPA believes that all Canadians must be aware of arthritis.